Tuesday, August 4, 2020

What type of skin do you have?


To create perfect skin you have to treat each individual cell within it perfectly. You need to know if the cells need more water, less oil, etc. The only way you're going to do this is to know your skin type. Maybe you think you know what your skin type is already, but many of us are wrong. First of all, skin type changes with age, so oily skin in your teens doesn't necessarily mean you'll have oily skin in your 20s, 30s, or 40s. Skin types can even change with the seasons, because temperatures affect the levels of oil and water in the skin. Skin types can change with your diet, and even according to your time of the month. So to truly know your skin type, you have to reassess it regularly. 

Just answer the following questions and whatever letter you get the most of will help determine what skin type you are. 
-First thing in the morning, take a look at your face closely in the mirror. What do you see?
            a- it's shiny with noticeable blackheads
            b- it looks flaky and feels taut
            c- my forehead, chin and nose are shiny, while the rest is tight and flaky
            d- it's very pale, and there are occasional red or flaky patches
            e- the surface is dull, I am low on color, and there are noticeable lines and                     wrinkles
   - Wash your face with some plain soap and water (even though you're not supposed to). Wait about one half hour-- now what do you notice? 
            a- it looks less shiny
            b- it looks and feels tighter, plus it's gone a grey color
            c- it is less shiny on my nose and forehead but now my cheeks feel awful
            d- it is itchy, red, and flaky- thanks a lot
            e- my lines and wrinkles are even more noticeable- but I have some color back                 into my skin tone
    - Do you get pimples?
            a- yes, i am prone to blackheads, whiteheads, or big red ones that really hurt
            b- not really, only around my period or if I use thick moisturizer
            c- only on my nose, forehead, and chin
            d- yes, but they're red rather than whiteheads, or I get rashes 
            e- hardly ever
    - Look at your nose and around it- what do you notice most?
            a- blackheads, whiteheads, and oil
            b- flaky patches and redness around my nostrils
            c- my nose and cheeks look like they're from two different faces- my nose is                     shiny and my cheeks are dull
            d- there are lots of little red veins and high color on my cheeks
            e- i have lots of open, noticeable pores
    - Take your index finger and lightly press your cheek upward. What do you see?
            a- nothing really
            b- I get loads of tiny lines that go away when I let go
            c- some lines appear, but when I stop, they go away
            d- The area goes white, then red or feels hot
            e- I get folds of skin forming and it takes awhile to snap back to normal
    -Now get into some good natural light and really get close so you can see your pores. what are they like?
            a- big, black, and shiny
            b- practically nonexistent
            c- big on my nose, chin, or forehead but nonexistent elsewhere
            d- practically nonexistent
            e- large but clear- there's no oil there
    - Apply your makeup as normal in the morning, then mid-afternoon, take a look in the mirror. What happened?
            a- what ever is left is shiny, but most of it has disappeared
            b- It is blotchy and flaky
            c- My cheeks aren't so bad, but my nose is shiny
            d- My skin looks a bit red and irritated. 
            e- It is settled in the lines on my face or looks dry

RESULTS:

Mostly A's: you have oily skin

Mostly B's: you have dry skin

Mostly C's: you have combination skin

Mostly D's: you have sensitive skin

Mostly E's: you have aging skin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Turmeric- more than just a flavor in foods

Turmeric- more than just a flavor in foods Turmeric originated in Southeast Asia, and is one of the most beneficial spices for health and we...

Popular Posts